Friday, March 30, 2012

Gourmet Camping

Who says you can't eat well while camping??  I just got back from a fabulous trip to the Grand Canyon, and one of the nights was spent at the campgrounds in the park.  (P.S. I'm on the lookout for a new sleeping bag...I woke up with a layer of frost on my face.  Fantastic)  Anyways, there is nothing better than a meal while you're camping - it's a great reward after a full day of exertion, and everything always tastes so good when you're super hungry!!  Here's what we ate:


Tortilla Pizzas, with Arugula Pesto, Roasted Tomatoes and Zucchini, and Shredded Parmesan
(I know, could I be more fashionable?)

Here's how I made the meal:

1) Pre-roasting the zucchini and tomatoes in a foil packet


Again, you wish you were wearing this outfit

2) Pull your fall harvest from your freezer in Boulder (arugula pesto) and top 2 tortillas with it.



3) Top with veggies and cheese



4) Place the pizza back on the fire until the cheese is melted and the tortilla gets nice and crispy


This was my first trip to the Grand Canyon and it was incredible!  More pics to come.












1 comment:

  1. Leah, your pictures and the camping recipes are amazing. I can't wait to try them all out this summer....the summer of...COLORADO!!!!!!!! I love the Delicate Arch pics, and picture #19 (of the switchbacks) is amazing. Seems like you two had a great trip!!!!!

    ReplyDelete